Inspirational Bible Verses to Take a Break from a Busy Day
At the conclusion of this post are inspirational Bible verses that include a Bible verse of the day that you can meditate on for the month.
Many times we can allow our purpose to be buried deep within us, so deep that we may not find it. It is easy to let the busyness of life get in the way. Making money, paying the bills, fulfilling all of life’s demands can leave little time to explore our inner desires and purpose.
The purposes of a man’s heart are deep waters, but a man of understanding draws them out. Proverbs 20:5
If you have been swept along by the waves of life, make a renewed commitment to discover what is deep inside of you. What talents and gifts has God given you that you aren’t using to the fullest or at all?
Spend some time to be still each day. Instead of leaping out of bed and rushing out the door, set your alarm a little earlier to allow yourself some time to meditate or think about your day. What do you hope to accomplish today? Pause and listen to the still, small voice of the Holy Spirit speaking to you through your soul.
1) The purposes of a man’s heart are deep waters, but a man of understanding draws them out. – Proverbs 20:5
2) Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. – Romans 12:1
3) Sing to him a new song; play skillfully, and shout for joy. – Psalm 33:3
4) Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.
– Matthew 11:28
5) In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. – Romans 8:26
6) For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. – Matthew 7:8
7) Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away. – Matthew 24:35
8) Make me understand the way of Your precepts, so I will meditate on Your wonders. – Psalm 119:27
9) But these have been written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing you may have life in His name. – John 20:31
10) He tends his flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart. – Isaiah 40:11
11) For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. – Matthew 11:30
12) I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness. – John 12:46
13) But everything exposed by the light becomes visible. – Ephesians 5:13
14) Shout for joy, O heavens; rejoice O earth; burst into song, O mountains! For the Lord comforts his people and will have compassion on his afflicted ones. – Isaiah 49:13
15) There is a time for everything, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away. – Ecclesiastes 3:1 & 6
16) An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up. – Proverbs 12:25
17) A wise son heeds his father’s instruction. – Proverbs 13:1
18) There is one body and one Spirit-just as you were called to one hope when you were called-one Lord, one faith , one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all. – Ephesians 4:4-6
19) His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. – 2 Peter 1:3
20) May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to your site, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. – Psalm 19:14
21) For the word of the Lord is right and true; he is faithful in all he does. – Psalm 33:4
22) Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. – Psalm 27:14
23) A heart at peace gives life to the body, but envy rots the bones. – Proverbs 15:13
24) And you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free. – John 8:32
25) Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him? – Matthew 7:9-11
26) The Lord is faithful to all his promises and loving toward all he has made. – Psalm 145:13
27) I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. – Psalm 139:118
28) For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving. – 1 Timothy 4:4
29) The precepts of the Lord are right, giving joy to the heart. – Psalm 19:8
30) The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy. – Psalm 126:3
If you want to receive inspiration to live your best life, join our community in what we call The Guided Life – letting go and letting God guide you on your spiritual path. Subscribe to our free ezine filled with encouragement and resources to help you live an empowered life. Just fill in your name and primary email address on the top of this page. Your information will never be shared.