At the conclusion of this post are inspirational Bible verses that include a Bible verse of the day that you can meditate on for the month.
Many times we can allow our purpose to be buried deep within us, so deep that we may not find it. It is easy to let the busyness of life get in the way. Making money, paying the bills, fulfilling all of life’s demands can leave little time to explore our inner desires and purpose.
The purposes of a man’s heart are deep waters, but a man of understanding draws them out. Proverbs 20:5
If you have been swept along by the waves of life, make a renewed commitment to discover what is deep inside of you. What talents and gifts has God given you that you aren’t using to the fullest or at all?
Spend some time to be still each day. Instead of leaping out of bed and rushing out the door, set your alarm a little earlier to allow yourself some time to meditate or think about your day. What do you hope to accomplish today? Pause and listen to the still, small voice of the Holy Spirit speaking to you through your soul.
1) The purposes of a man’s heart are deep waters, but a man of understanding draws them out. – Proverbs 20:5
2) Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. – Romans 12:1
3) Sing to him a new song; play skillfully, and shout for joy. – Psalm 33:3
4) Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.
– Matthew 11:28
5) In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. – Romans 8:26