Inspirational Bible Verses for May
The following are inspirational Bible verses for you to meditate on during the month of May.
As spring moves into summer, we enjoy more light each day. It’s hard to see anything in the dark. It’s hard to know where to walk in the dark. God’s light lights our path.
“Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow.” – James 1:17
There are many references in the Bible regarding light. 1 John 1:5 states,
“God is light; in him is no darkness as all.”
This verse assures us of two things – we can see clearly that every perfect gift comes from God because He is light, and – God never changes.
As Christians, we also are light. Matthew 5:14-16 says,
“You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead, they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.”
As you continue on building a closer relationship with God, don’t keep your light hidden. Think of ways to be of service and let your light shine!
1) Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow.
– James 1:17
2) They will speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty, and I will meditate on your wonderful works. – Psalm 145:5
3) You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you. – Isaiah 26:3
4) Things which eye has not seen and ear has not heard, and which have not entered the heart of man, all that God has prepared for those who love Him. – 1 Corinthians 2:9
5) And that you be renewed in the spirit of your mind. – Ephesians 4:23
6) He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God; many will see and fear and will trust in the Lord. – Psalm 40:3
7) He counts the numbers of the stars; He gives names to all of them. – Psalm 147:4
8) So do not be like them; for your Father knows what you need before you ask Him. – Matthew 6:8
9) Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. – Ezekiel 36:26
10) Honor your father and your mother. – Mark 7:10
11) For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light. – Ephesians 5:8
12) No one lights a lamp and puts it in a place where it will be hidden, or under a bowl. Instead he puts it on it stand, so that those who come in may see the light. – Luke 11:33
13) We urge you, brethren, admonish the unruly, encourage the fainthearted, help the weak, be patient with everyone. – 1 Thessalonians 5:14
14) But if we hope for what we do not see, with perseverance we wait eagerly for it. – Romans 8:25
15) And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit. – Ephesians 3:17-18
16) Finally, brethren, rejoice, be made complete, be comforted, be like-minded, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you. – 2 Corinthians 13:11
17) Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us. – Hebrews 12:1
18) Come near to God and he will come near to you. – James 4:8
19) For the Lord takes delight in his people. – Psalm149:4
20) Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. – Isaiah 43:18
21) And Jesus said to him, “If you can?’ All things are possible to him who believes”. – Mark 9:23
22) Woe to the one who quarrels with his Maker – An earthenware vessel among the vessels of earth! Will the clay say to the potter, ‘What are you doing?’ Or the thing you are making say, ‘He has no hands’? – Isaiah 45:9
23) Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men. – Ephesians 6:7
24) Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and your dominion endures through all generations. – Psalm 145:13
25) Therefore I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they will be granted you. – Mark 11:24
26) Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. – Ephesians 4:2
27) Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win. – 1 Corinthians 9:24
28) I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. – Philippians 3:14
29) Instruct those who are rich in this present world not to be conceited or to fix their hope on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly supplies us with all things to enjoy. – 1 Timothy 6:17
30) I sought the Lord, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears. – Psalm 34:4
31) But let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the imperishable quality of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is precious in the sight of God. – 1 Peter 3:4
If you want to receive inspiration to live your best life, join our community in what we call The Guided Life – letting go and letting God guide you on your spiritual path. Subscribe to our free ezine filled with encouragement and resources to help you live an empowered life. Just fill in your name and primary email address. Your information will never be shared.